Sunday, February 27, 2011

8 years and 21 hours ago

I never prayed harder in my life. That day, week, month, year to be exact, my faith was the strongest it ever was. For a while I sat crying, "why?! don't do this to her. I deserve this...not her." Mad. Hurt. Scared. Alone. Sad. Hopeful. Hope. Hope. Hope. That was my middle name. I'd never lived up to it. I look back and see that God was speaking to me through her. That day I actually understood this faith and hope I'd always had. It hit me. Hard. I look back and I'm thankful. I do my best to not take one second for granted. Because I was taught that in a split second, everything could be gone. And if it was, it would have still been for good. Every day is one step closer to that day where you'll be perfect, she'll be perfect, I'll be perfect. That day, if it were possible I'd have tears of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment